Downs SC Single Handed Open Weekend 2019
To pre-register online please click here
NOTICE OF RACE
DOWNS SAILING CLUB
SINGLE HANDED OPEN
Sunday 12th May 2019
Downs Sailing Club, The Beach, Walmer, Deal, Kent CT14 7DY.
Racing will take place under the World Sailing Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2017 -2020, the prescriptions of the RYA, the Sailing
Instructions and appropriate Class Rules. In the event of conflict, the Sailing Instructions will prevail.
Competitors should note this event will be conducted in accordance with the RYA Racing Charter and that they will be required to undertake to sail in compliance with the Charter, which can be found at the front of RYA Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020.
ELIGIBILITY and ENTRY
Competitors must be members of their respective Class association.
Entry fee for the Open Meeting on Sunday is £18,
There is also a training day on Saturday (Entry £18).
Weekend package deal comprising Saturday training and Sunday Open Meeting is £26.
Registration can be made on the day, but to assist Downs Sailing Club with planning and to save time on the day, pre-register at: https://goo.gl/forms/WdVEOELMOKOiIHuO2 This facility will be open until midnight on Thursday 9th May. Pre-registering is not a commitment to enter. Registration and Payment will be on the day.
A welcome and briefing will take place at 1000hrs.
First warning signal is scheduled for 1055hrs.
Individual class starts will be provided where 6 or more boats of any class are registered. Four races of 45mins nominal duration will be sailed back to back with three to count.
Prizes will be awarded to each class separately to a level proportional to attendance.
Sailing instructions will be available on the Downs Sailing Club website and at registration
The course is described in the Appendix to the Sailing Instructions.
Rule 4 of the Racing Rules of sailing states: “The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers
Sailing by nature is an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
- (a) They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event.
- (b) They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whilst afloat or ashore.
- (c) They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions.
- (d) Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate.
- (e) The provision of a race management team, patrol boats and other officials and volunteers by the event organiser does not relieve them of their own responsibilities.
- (f) The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions as can be practically provided in the circumstances.
- (g) It is their responsibility to familiarise themselves with any risks specific to this venue or this event drawn to their attention in any rules and information produced for the venue or event and to attend any safety briefings held for the event.
Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of £2,000,000 per incident or the equivalent.
Full galley and bar services will be available.
FURTHER INFORMATION FROM – email@example.com